Friday, November 03, 2006

First two weeks of blogging

I started this new English course without knowing anything about blogging. The blogosphere was something very far from my world and my interests. But now I can say that, in only two weeks, I've learned many interesting things. Even though I am aware that there are many other things that I have to learn.

I think that this experience can influence my language learning a lot . First of all, I have to read and write in English weekly in order to finish my e-tivities. Obviously this is very useful and it helps us to improve our English day by day.

Another important aspect is the fact that we work on the computer. In my opinion sometimes it is better that those lessons in which the professor speaks and students listen and take notes. I feel more active when I work on computer. It captures students' attention and makes them to interact.

Other aspect of blogging is the fact that I have to read and write in colloquial English, while in the past I was used to learning, speaking and writing in more formal language. So this can be a challenge! I think that everyday language is more similar to the one we can find in the blogosphere than the one used by Shakespeare. But, on the other hand, I think that blogs can also contain mistakes.

3 Comments:

At 6:34 AM, Blogger Alice said...

Hi Svjetlana
I've read what you wrote about blogging and the blogsphere and I agree with you in all you've said. Just to quote my post, formal English is useful but colloquial English is necessary!
Bye
Alice

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Dear Svjetlana,
Here is the focus on language we did in class. Let me know what your corrections were.
Thanks,
Sarah

Recommended Checklist: word order, vocabulary, verb forms

Mistakes: I’ve started; ^ blogosphere; only in two weeks (word order); a lot (word order); helps as to improve; ^other important aspect; on ^ computer; student’s; obliges (wrong word); him; I was used to learn, speak and write; a more formal language; the everyday language; that we can find

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Sve said...

These are my corrections :
- I’ve started; I started
- ^ blogosphere; The blogosphere
- only in two weeks (word order);in only two weeks
- a lot (word order); can influence my language learning a lot (at the end)
- helps as to improve; us (not as)
- ^other important aspect; Another important aspect
- on ^ computer; on the computer
- student’s; students'
- obliges (wrong word); makes
- him; them
- I was used to learn, speak and write; I was used to learning, speaking and writting
- a more formal language; in more formal language (no article)
- the everyday language; everyday language (no article)
- that we can find; the one we can find

 

Post a Comment

<< Home