Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Second Skype Xchange:

Hi guys!!!
Here I am again, to tell you something about my second exchange with Tulane students.

This Monday I spoke to Bari, my brand new American peer. I think that it would be interesting if we change the peer every week. It can be useful for us, as English learners, to try to understand and to speak to different native speakers, with different pronunciation and way of speaking.

However, talking to Bari was very funny and stimulating. She made a lot of effort to try to speak in Italian all the time. Even though her Italian wasn't perfect I was able to understand quite everything.

This time the conversation was quite all about recycling. I wasn't able to obtain many info about recycling in New Orleans because often Bari had some difficulties with Italian. But, on the other hand, me too had some problems answering to her, especially when she wanted me to speak about Italian laws on environment and on alternative energies. I wasn't very prepared on these topics.

It was a great idea that of recording our conversation. Even though none of us love to hear its own voice recorded, in my opinion it is a fantastic feedback. This can be a tool to use in order to correct our pronunciation mistakes and therefore try to improve them next time.

See you next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home