Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Third Skype Exchange:

Hi people, here we are again, giving our impressions about the exchange...

This time, just as last time, I spoke to Bari. She is a very nice girl, she always trys to speak in Italian in order to improve it. She speaks it very well but sometimes she is not able to find the right word therefore she just stays quite. I find it a little bit a problem because I try to ask her questions and try to create a real conversation but her answers are always brief and incomplete...

Even though a conversation is supposed to be something easy I discover that it is very complicated. Perhaps the problem is the topic. Talking about alternative energy, she wasn't able to answer to many of my questions because of luck of information, and, on the other hand, I wasn't able to answer to some of Bari's questions, too. So it was hard to create a coherent debate about the issue in question.

On contrary, I noticed that when we spoke about everyday things the conversation was more fluent. I am refering to spring break, future plans, university lessons an so on...

Overall, I think that is very difficult to have a complete controll over the debate as you can never know what the other person is about to say or ask...And the luck of face-to-face conversation complicate it furthermore...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home